Friday, March 16, 2007

thoughts i thunk on thinking

I think I'm not thinking as much as I used to think. I think I don't have time to think anymore. I wish I had time to think. Not the kind of shallow thinking that simply wastes time during an otherwise uneventful day... but the intentional thinking that requires time to pause and ponder and perceive new thoughts I didn't know I hadn't thunk before. I used to think such thoughts so thoughtfully and thoroughly -- I used to ask big questions of myself, and think long thoughts in response. More than the proverbial "Deep Thoughts" of SNL or Animaniacs fame, these were thoughts on life and love, significance and sacrifice, power and prestige, fun and folly, mirth and meaning, simplicity and solace.... But I think I don't think those thoughts anymore, that I haven't truly thunk those thoughts for a long time. Has the progression of time robbed me of my time to think? Do I just not make the time? What thought possessed me to want to think? I think I want to plumb the depths of my thoughts once again. I think I need to remember how to think...

No comments: