Friday, August 29, 2008

hope is kindled

My favorite moment from the entire LOTR trilogy is near the beginning of the third film, The Return of the King. Pipping succeeds in lighting the beacon fire at Minas Tirith as Gandalf whispers under his breath, "Hope is kindled..."

The music begins to swell and the emotions begin to soar as the chain of beacon lights atop the mountains of Middle Earth begin to burn bright... the people are uniting for a common cause, the defeat of the evil that is overtaking their land!

This scene never fails to move me to tears and give me goosebumps!

A similar scene happened today in Dayton, OH. A beacon of hope was lit for our country and its leadership. And as I watched history being made, I was covered in goosebumps and moved to tears...

With the nomination of this amazing conservative and Christian leader -- who just happens to be a woman -- as the Republican Vice Presidential candidate, hope has indeed been kindled for our country and its future...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a similar feeling. I'm so thankful for McCain's choice. Good analogy.

-Kristi