Friday, March 13, 2009

the difference

The difference between trusting that there is an ultimate happy ending and making an idol of that ending lies in our willingness to let it be a mystery of God's timing and not of our choosing. We have to stand in the complexity of all that God is working on, not just in the simple part we can see for ourselves. We must relinquish our arrogance and presumption that we have figured out God's plan.
~ Nicole Johnson

I'm learning to simply stand in the complexities of life and faith. I'm learning to relinquish all my presumptive thoughts and ideas. I'm learning to trust, not idolize.

I'm learning the difference...

2 comments:

joy said...

that is such a great way to think of it. easy to say, hard to do.

Kim Z.W. said...

I feel like we as humans have to work on learning those lessons all our lives. Might seem frustrating to work at something that you can never completely master...but trying to come to terms with that truth will definitely make the journey much easier and more fulfilling. Keep it up!!

I'm sure God wouldn't make you wait so long unless he had a really incredible ending in mind!!