Wednesday, December 21, 2005

hooray for junk!!!

Pardon my shameless lack of thinking for myself tonight, but when I came across this on Nichole Nordeman's website, I just had to copy it here. It so simply and yet so eloquently sums up everything that I feel about my writing and all the many moods it encompasses... thank you, Brad O'Donnel!

"Christians are somehow prone to talking more about where they've been instead of where they are. Very few people want to speak up while they are in process.... They'd rather wait until their junk is resolved, so they can give a "testimony" about the happy ending. As it relates to your writing, please don't feel the need to tie it up with a bow at the end."

This has been very true in my life -- feeling the need to present some vibrant before-and-after testimony. Many of you know how long I felt my testimony was incredibly dull and boring. So what if I've been a Christian my entire life? So what if I grew up as a goody-goody in the eyes of the world, never turning my back on God and even saving myself for marriage? That certainly doesn't mean my life is perfect! I have many struggles (a lot of which are finding their way into blah-blah-blog land!), but maybe that's the point... to not wait to share our lives and our experiences with others. After all, life is a journey, not a destination.

So here's to all the junk waiting to be resolved!

No comments: