Sunday, February 26, 2006

the bowling rematch

It seems I'm starting a trend... when the going gets tough, the tough go bowling.

Friday was one of the crappiest days I've had in a long time -- so bad that crying in the ladies' bathroom was actually involved -- so at 11:30pm Friday night my buddy Tim and I once again ventured to the lanes. This time was supposed to be a rematch, because Tim swore he was "just letting me win" the last time we went. Well, the highlight of my night was rather Babe Ruth-esque call-it-before-you-do-it turkey in the tenth frame of our first game, and the highlight of Tim's night was my vain effort at human bowling in the second game (a sad fact of life, sometimes those slippery shoes stop slipping, and your body doesn't stop with them... man, those lanes are really oily... the real miracle is that I still managed to knock down eight pins, even from a flat-on-my-face release point).

The results of the rematch were not very satisfactory... for Tim. But he got an extra laugh at my expense when the alley manager commented on my less-than-graceful fall while we were turning in our shoes, so we're probably even now. What's next -- bumper bowling?

No comments: