Monday, October 2, 2006

school shootings

I'm so angry right now, I need a very loud and very active "BLEEP" censor.

How dare these men do such atrocious things to children!!! The shooting in Columbine that took 13 teenagers. THe massacre in Dunblane, Scotland that killed 15 kindergarteners and their teacher. The Colorado school shooter last week who raped a half-dozen teenage girls and killed one of them with a shot to the head. And now today, a one-room Amish schoolhouse in Pennsylvania has been attacked, and 6 elementary and middle school children killed, and even more wounded.

What kind of human can perpetrate such a heinous crime? They're not human. They're demons. They're not only the scum of the earth, they're the scum of hell. To attach such innocent, helpless people. There is no "I'm a victim, too" defense that could ever justify what these men have done.

I'm glad these cowards have taken their own lives. I'm glad our taxpayer dollars aren't paying to keep them alive in prison, with 3 square meals a day and cable television and even college degrees available to them, while their victims are buried in coffins far too small. If anyone doubts the justice of capital punishment, I dare them to look into those parents' eyes and explain why such a killer should be shown leniency, as they lay their 5-year-old child's favorite teddy bear in front of a small headstone.

More than anything, I wish I could do more than just get angry about this. I wish I could find such demons before they attacked. I wish I could put my life between a child's and his killer. I wish I could repeal the automatic appeals process for death row convicts. I wish I could comfort all these families. I don't doubt God's sovereignty, even in the midst of this hell on earth... because when I read headline after headline like this, I long with all my heart for the day when these demons will be destroyed forever. Lord, come quickly!

No comments: