Sunday, January 22, 2006

conversations

It's supposed to be easy, comfortable
a gentle ebb and flow between friends
But with you there is no return
The tide is always out
No sharing, no real friendship
Only a barren shore
where conversations go to die
I long for saturation
to splash in the languid coolness of you
your rare, sweet samples have left me
gasping for more
on these scorched, lonely sands
If you only knew how little I desire
how little you'd have to give
to quench this thirst, to be my friend
So little, so simple
but sadly too much for you
Rolling on, rolling by with
oblivious disregard
or is it malicious withholding
I can no longer afford to care
My voice is fading
the sands are slowly burning
Hope hurts, but I can't turn away
I can only wait for you
to crash ashore before I wither
to pull me under before I fall
To come to me
drown me
talk to me

No comments: